Car Exhaust Services in Del City, OK
At Mike’s Auto, we specialize in assisting our clients in maintaining the effectiveness and cleanliness of their exhaust systems. By bringing your vehicle to us for routine exhaust maintenance in Del City, OK, you can contribute to the reduction of emissions and safeguard both the environment and yourself from dangerous contaminants. Contact us today!
How Do Car Exhaust Systems Work?
A car’s exhaust system is essential since it aids in lowering the engine’s hazardous emissions. These emissions are a few examples of carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, and hydrocarbons. All of these pollutants have the potential to harm both the environment and human health. A properly functioning exhaust system can also benefit your car’s fuel economy.
A car’s exhaust system is made up of several components that cooperate to remove gasses and other contaminants from the engine:
- The exhaust manifold is the initial component of the system in charge of gathering and directing exhaust gasses from the engine cylinders to the remainder of the system.
- A catalytic converter reduces hazardous emissions by being changed into less poisonous gasses.
- The muffler is responsible for minimizing engine noise for a more enjoyable driving experience.
- An oxygen sensor keeps track of how much oxygen is present in exhaust gasses and assists the engine in adjusting its fuel mixture accordingly.
- The exhaust pipe is in charge of removing the car’s exhaust gasses from the engine.
There are a few different exhaust systems, but most automobiles feature either a diesel particulate filter system or a catalytic converter system. Although they do it in various ways, both methods attempt to cut emissions. Catalytic converter systems use a catalyst to change dangerous pollutants into less dangerous ones. Procedures for storing pollutants in diesel particle filters allow for the later burning of the contaminants.
To make sure your exhaust system is functioning correctly, it’s vital to have regular maintenance performed on it. Not only will a well-maintained system cut pollutants, but it will also work better and use less fuel. We provide a range of exhaust services at Mike’s Auto to maintain your system in top shape. Among these services are:
- Inspection of the exhaust system
- Fixing the exhaust system
- Exchange of the exhaust system
- Replacement of the catalytic converter
- Muffler replacement or repair
- Servicing for diesel particulate filters
- Replacement of the oxygen sensor
Del City, Oklahoma, Exhaust Repair
Various automotive exhaust system varieties are offered on the market nowadays. Based on the make, model, and driving style of your vehicle, Mike’s Auto can advise you on the best type of system for it. We also provide various other services to keep your car functioning properly and effectively, such as tune-ups, oil changes, brake maintenance, and so much more!
Mike’s Auto prioritizes helping you get the most out of your automobile while keeping the process as simple as possible since we understand how difficult it can be to keep up with all the maintenance your car needs. Let us assist you in taking care of your car when you stop by today.
Mike's Auto Diagnostic & Repair:
Helping Your Car Stay Healthy!
Financing Available Through