Car Engine Repairs and Replacements in Del City, OK
Most vehicles on the road today use some type of fuel delivery system. This system is responsible for supplying the engine with fuel under high pressure, which results in a more efficient burn and, thus, better performance. However, fuel delivery systems are not bullet-proof, and over time they can develop issues that need to be addressed by a qualified fuel system repair shop.
Types of Engines
Engines are classified according to the way they produce energy. The four most common types of engines are petrol, diesel, gasoline, and electric.
- In gasoline engines, a spark plug ignites a fuel and air mixture, which subsequently powers a piston.
- Diesel engines work by compressing air to high pressure, which then ignites the fuel.
- Gasoline engines are similar to petrol engines but use a carburetor instead of a spark plug.
- Electric motors create rotating magnets, which then drive the pistons.
All four types of engines have their advantages and disadvantages. Petrol and diesel engines are more powerful but less efficient than electric motors, and gasoline engines are more expensive but easier to maintain than electric motors. Electric motors are the most efficient but require a reliable source of electricity.
Common Engine Problems
Your engine is one of the essential parts of your car, so it’s important to keep it in good working order. There are a few clear signs that engine repair is needed, so it’s essential to be aware of them. Unusual engine sounds are one of the most prevalent symptoms. If your engine starts making strange knocking or ticking sounds, it indicates something is wrong. Another telltale sign is decreased power and performance. If your car struggles to accelerate or climb hills, it could be due to engine trouble. Also, if you see an increase in engine temperature or oil consumption, it’s an indication that repair is needed. Knowing these symptoms will enable you to act promptly and restore your engine to peak performance.
Signs You Need An Engine Replacement
Engines are complex machines that require regular maintenance to keep them running smoothly. However, even with the best care, engines can eventually wear out and must be replaced. How can you tell if your engine is on its last legs? Here are a few signs that it may be time for an engine replacement:
- Your car has difficulty starting. This is often a sign that the engine is not getting enough power.
- You notice a decrease in performance. If your car used to be able to accelerate quickly and now it feels sluggish, this could be a sign of engine trouble.
- You see smoke coming from the exhaust. This usually indicates that the engine is burning oil, which can indicate serious problems.
- You hear strange noises coming from the engine. Hearing knocking or grinding noises could signify that the bearings or other parts are wearing out.
Take your vehicle to Mike’s Auto right away if you see any of these symptoms. We are able to identify the issue and inform you if an engine replacement is required.
Professional Engine Services
We provide professional engine repairs and replacement services at Mike’s Auto in Del City, OK. We have a group of expert mechanics on staff who can fix any make or model of vehicle. We can assist you whether you require an oil change, a new muffler, or an entire engine repair. We always utilize the best products and parts, and we back all of our work with a warranty. We also offer various other automotive services, such as brake repairs, transmission repairs, and tune-ups. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable auto shop in Del City, look no further than Mike’s Auto. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Mike's Auto Diagnostic & Repair:
Helping Your Car Stay Healthy!
Financing Available Through